Sikagard®-700 S is a one part water repellent impregnation for absorbent cementitious substrates. It penetrates well into the open pores of the substrate, providing durable water repellency, while still allowing water vapour diffusion in both directions.
Sikagard®-700 S complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 for hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class I).
Sikagard®-700 S is used as water repellent and colourless protective surface treatment on absorbent exposed materials such as concrete, cementitious rendering, concrete tiles, fibre cement, brickwork (clay and lime sand, non-vitrified), natural stone.
Sikagard®-700 S can also be used as hydrophobic primer under solvent based or emulsion protective coating
Sikagard®-700 S is used as water-repellent impregnation (hydrophobic treatment) for absorbent substrates such as concrete in civil engineering or building concrete structures
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.1 of EN 1504-9),
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.1 of EN 1504-9)
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
- Reduction of capillary water absorption.
- Reduces efflorescence.
- Reduces dirt penetration into the pores.
- Improves thermal insulation.
- Can be overcoated with solvent based and dispersion coating.
- Higher durability and resistance than conventional silicone based treatments.
- Does usually not change the appearance of the substrate.
- Reduces chloride ion ingress and movement.
- Does not act as a vapour barrier.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) | Product Data Sheet (PDS)
Colour accuracy disclaimer: We have taken care to display the most accurate visuals of our products. However, we are not responsible for the colour accuracy of the device you are viewing our swatches on. These variations arise due to different computer monitors and devices (make, model and technology, as well as resolution, contrast and brightness control settings) in much the same way a scan will differ from an original image and a colour photocopy. Furthermore, coatings can exhibit variation in perceived colour depending on gloss level and application method. If you require a very specific colour match, please make your selection via actual swatches and colour boards available at our showroom.
Product Disclaimer: Ensure you read all product, technical and safety data sheets prior to application as liability falls on the applicator. All products must be applied in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended method.