EpiMax 220 Type 2 High Build Glaze Coat is a solventless, high gloss, low viscosity epoxy system designed for application as a clear hard wearing coating primarily over polished, stained concrete or vinyl flake flooring. The system benefits from the new technology including low inherent colour chemistry and stabilizers. As a result, EpiMax 220 Type 2 is generally suitable for behind-glass floor protection applications. Since the system is solventless, high film builds can be achieved in two applications.
Uses & advantages
- Low viscosity
- Mild odour, light colour
- Easy application by roller or squeegee
- Good adhesion
- Minimal sweat-out, blush or bloom
- Excellent surface wetting characteristics
- Good mar resistance
- Resistant to mild acids/alkalies
- High density cure development
- Seamless performance glaze coats
- High build sealing of vinyl flake flooring
- Enhancement & protection of polished concrete
- Work time: 20 mins
- Foot traffic: 24 hours at 25ºC
- Hardness (Shore D): 55
- Full service: 7 days at 25ºC
- Flexural strength: 55 MPa
- Compressive strength: 50 MPa
12L EpiMax 220 Type 2 = 36sqm (2 x 160 micron dft)
EpiMax 220 Type 2 is available in 12 litre packs. It is pre-packed in correct proportions for use.
Product Disclaimer: Ensure you read all product, technical and safety data sheets prior to application as liability falls on the applicator. All products must be applied in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended method.