Sikalastic®-488 is a high performance, hand-applied, low VOC, moisture-curing single-pack elastomeric polyurethane waterproofing membrane. Sikalastic®-488 is directly foot-trafficable. Sikalastic®-488 is the base coat membrane used within the SikaRoof® MTC-UV systems.
It is designed for diverse waterproofing including:
- Podium decks
- Plant room floors
- Inverted roofs
- Under tile beds
- Under paver-pad systems
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
- Seamless membrane
- High resistance to puncture and standing water
- Quick tack-free surface
- Low VOC
- High elongation
- Class III membrane
- Crack bridging capability, no reinforcement needed
- Elastomeric behaviour
- Single pack, ready to use
Relative air humidity
Between 20 and 90%
+5 to +35 oC
Substrate moisture content
Up to 5%
Waiting time to overcoating
In normal conditions, Sikalastic®-488 can be recoated with another layer of Sikalastic®-488 after one night and within 2 days. In case of rain or if the recoating interval was exceeded, light abrasion and reactivate this with Sika Thinner C, come back to the substrate by grinding.
SikaRoof® MTC-12 UV
1.2mm DFT system- 10m2 per 15L pail
SikaRoof® MTC-14 UV
1.4mm DFT system- 8.6m2 per 15L pail
SikaRoof® MTC-20 UV
2.0mm DFT system- 6m2 per 15L pail
Surface must be clean, sound, smooth and dust-free as well as oil-free. Please refer to the ‘SikaRoof® MTC-UV systems’ method statement for further information.
Ready-to-use pails. Mix until homogenous.
- Sikalastic®-488 can be applied with a brush or a roller to the desired thickness.
- Apply Sikalastic®-488 (au) at the recommended coverage rates for the specific SikaRoof® MTC-UV system that is being installed. The dry film thickness for each coat is mentioned on this PDS.
- Allow Sikalastic®-488 (au) to cure for a minimum 16 hours or until tack free before applying the following layer.
- Do not allow more than 48 hours between coats of Sikalastic®-488 (au) otherwise abrasion and reactivation will be required before proceeding.
- Sikalastic®-488 can be subject to foot traffic after 24 hours.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Reusable tools should be cleaned carefully with Sika Thinner C before curing.
Colour accuracy disclaimer: We have taken care to display the most accurate visuals of our products. However, we are not responsible for the colour accuracy of the device you are viewing our swatches on. These variations arise due to different computer monitors and devices (make, model and technology, as well as resolution, contrast and brightness control settings) in much the same way a scan will differ from an original image and a colour photocopy. Furthermore, coatings can exhibit variation in perceived colour depending on gloss level and application method. If you require a very specific colour match, please make your selection via actual swatches and colour boards available at our showroom.
Product Disclaimer: Ensure you read all product, technical and safety data sheets prior to application as liability falls on the applicator. All products must be applied in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended method.