Sikagard®-706 Thixo is a one-component reactive silane based impregnation cream.
It is a solvent free product with ~ 80% content of active substance. Sikagard®-706 Thixo complies with the highest requirements of EN 1504-2 for hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class II & resistance to freeze and thaw salt stresses).
Sikagard®-706 Thixo is used as water-repellent impregnation (hydrophobic treatment) for absorbent substrates such as concrete in civil engineering or building concrete structures subjected to heavy stress due to freeze and thaw cycles and de-icing salts or chloride attack in marine environment
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.1 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.1 of EN 1504-9)
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
- Non-sag (thixotropic) consistency, allowing wastage-free application of sufficient quantities and assuring deep penetration
- Reduction of water absorption
- Reduction of absorption of aggressive or deleterious agents dissolved in water (i.e. de-icing salts or chloride from marine environment)
- No noticeable change of water vapour permeability
- Not film forming
- Ready for use
- Long term efficiency, deep penetration
- Increases the resistance of concrete to freeze and thaw cycles and de-icing salts
- Resistant to sea water
- Low VOC content
White paste / cream (transparent after application and drying)
18 kg and 180 kg containers
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) | Product Data Sheet (PDS)
Colour accuracy disclaimer: We have taken care to display the most accurate visuals of our products. However, we are not responsible for the colour accuracy of the device you are viewing our swatches on. These variations arise due to different computer monitors and devices (make, model and technology, as well as resolution, contrast and brightness control settings) in much the same way a scan will differ from an original image and a colour photocopy. Furthermore, coatings can exhibit variation in perceived colour depending on gloss level and application method. If you require a very specific colour match, please make your selection via actual swatches and colour boards available at our showroom.
Product Disclaimer: Ensure you read all product, technical and safety data sheets prior to application as liability falls on the applicator. All products must be applied in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended method.