ULTRASHIELD Premium Epoxy Flooring Resin
UltraShield Epoxy is a premium grade 100% Solids, low yellowing, self priming, pigmented epoxy floor coating resin designed to protect concrete floors and offer seamless durable floor protection.
Advantage of UltraShield Epoxy Resin to Compare to similar products
- The biggest advantages of UltraShield Epoxy 100% Solids Resin, over other high solids products, are that it has an extended pot life, which means the applicator has enough time to apply the mixed product without stress and it has Excellent resistance against UV light, which means it will not change colour in front of rollers doors.
Not suitable for exterior surfaces as a top coat. for an external coating system consider using UltraKote UVSeal
- Excellent hot tyre pick-up resistance, which makes it a great choice for garage epoxy floors
- Excellent wear and abrasion resistance.
- Excellent fuel and chemical resistance.
- Produces smooth and glossy finish, slip resistance floor finishes can be achieved by adding anti-slip media to the coating system.
- Easy application by brush, roller, squeegee or spray equipment.
- Available in a wide range of colours to achieve an attractive & aesthetically pleasing finish.
Areas of use
- Garage floors as a single colour application & base coat for flake flooring systems
- Aircraft hangers
- Mechanical workshops
- Commercial kitchens
UltraShield Epoxy Packaging / Kit Sizes
UltraShield Epoxy is supplied in 8L or 16L kits comprising:
8L Kit | Part A (pretinted): 6L + Part B: 2L
16L Kit | Part A (pretinted): 12L + Part B: 4L
8L Kit | Part A: 5.5L + Part B: 2L + One x 500ML Epoxy Pigment
16L Kit | Part A: 11L + Part B: 4L + Two x 500ML Epoxy Pigments
Recommended Preparation Method Prior to Applying UltraShield Epoxy Resin
Preparation is the most important key to achieving a long-lasting floor-coating system
Diamond grinding is recommended method of preparing new & old substrates prior to applying UltraShield Epoxy
The purpose behind concrete grinding is to remove any flaking paint and other types of contamination to achieve a clean surface as well as remove any sealer or curing agent and open concrete pores allowing 1st coat of UltraShield Epoxy to penetrate deep into the surface and seal the floor.
Acid Etching might be used as an alternative option to prepare the floor for more information on how to acid etch your floor click here to be directed to an external blog Hydrochloric acid can be purchased from pool shops or local hardware stores.
Recommended diamond tooling grits to prepare the floor prior to applying UltraShield Epoxy are
- 30/40 grit for hard concrete
- 80 Grit on soft concrete
- PCD plugs to remove flaking paint and then use grinding shoes to smooth out the floor before applying the coating.
Consumption Coverage Guide | UltraShield Epoxy Flooring kit
|Area Size||1st coat||2nd Coat||Recommended Minimum no of coats||Required no of kits|
|Up to 35m2||8kg/5Lit||7kg/4.5Lit||Two coats||Two kits|
|30-60m2||8-15kg||7-14kg||Two coats||Two kits|
|60-85m2||15-23kg||13-22kg||Two coats||Three Kits|
- Please use the table above as a guide only, as the consumption could depend on the application method/style and porosity of the surface.
- Applying additional coats to the floors subject to heavy traffic is recommended
- Thin down the first coat by adding 10% of general-purpose thinners
- A slip-resistance surface covering can be achieved by adding anti-slip media
Guide to achieving R or P rated slip resistance floor covering using different grit anti-slip media
|Slip Rating||P3 or R10||P4 or R11||P5 or R12|
|Recommended Product||Boral 30/60 sand
80 grit Aluminium Oxide
|Boral 1mm sand
46 or 30 grit Aluminium Oxide
|Boral 1mm sand
24 grit Aluminium Oxide
Click on the tiles below to download UltraShield Epoxy’s Technical Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets.